Episode 62-Proximal vs Distal Biceps Ruptures
Biceps Ruptures Galore!! Today in Episode 62-Proximal vs Distal Biceps Ruptures I will help you with the following:
- Identifying biceps tears.
- Review the anatomy of the biceps.
- Discuss special tests for evaluating biceps ruptures
- How to manage biceps ruptures.
- Review actions of the biceps.
- Link you to videos that will show you what a biceps tear looks like and a SPECIAL TREAT for you...How I do my own biceps test.
- The Hook Test is very accurate at identifying a distal biceps tendon tear. Here is a link to a video of how to perform the Hook test: https://youtu.be/7fcDs0H3-xo
- This is a video of how I like to assess biceps tendon injuries on a patient with an actual tear: https://youtu.be/JqfnPpfHwcg
- Check out this link of an explanation of how to assess biceps injuries on a man with an old biceps rupture: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1785367494811586/permalink/1970009073014093/
Be sure to continue to follow us at:
We would love it if you would rate and give us a review on iTunes:
Check out some great videos to complement our podcasts on our YouTube channel and please feel free to subscribe to get up to date videos when we upload:
Catch us on our closed Facebook group for healthcare providers at (Ortho Eval Pal)
In Good Health,
Paul Marquis PT