Episode 82 – Proper Sling Use. Tips to make your patient more comfortable.
Proper sling use is super important!
Proper sling fittings are even more important! Here is why:
- Arm position must be appropriate according to the diagnosis.
- The Gleno-humeral joint (shoulder ball and socket) need to be brought together.
- The rotator cuff is more often “active” then not. Good forearm support with heal it rest and heal better.
- The neck strap position is the most important and the strap is the most troublesome. Pad the strap if needed.
- Patients can hurt themselves donning and doffing the sling. Teach the patient and a family member how to do it
Here is my video playlist that I send patients to which can help with everything from wearing the sling to sleeping with it. Paul’s post-op shoulder videos